Monday, June 20, 2011

An Update- Recognition

I sat alone crying.
For some reason, I don't remember anything. Who am I? Where am I? What am I doing? There was nothing but a tiny numbness on the back of my head some kind of loneliness that brought tears to my eyes. Almost a hollow feeling that suddenly over-comes my body. All the sudden, I jump because I hear approaching footsteps. 
"Sky!" Someone called, and a pretty blonde girl walked up to me.
"We found you!" a redhead said, standing in front of me. I looked at them confused.
"Who are you?" I asked, confused. "I just remember sitting here..... and nothing else!" I practically scream, scratching my head.
The blonde one (;D) gave me a wary look, then smiled.
"Oh." the redhead said, looking genuine. "My name is Luna Pierce, we grew up together in high school. This is Vanessa Wood, she is a very lose friend of yours....." she explained. "In the 100 baby Challenge." she finished. I sucked a breath in.
"Oh." She gave me a sorrowful look.
"Do you... remeber anything now?" she asked. I shook my head. Nothing made sense.
"Oh, I'm so sorry this had to happen!!" she cried, squeezing me in a hug.
"Well, I have a concert starting in a little bit...." Luna started, scratching her head. "I better go..."
"It's okay, Luna. I'll stay and talk with sky." Vanessa smiled.
"Thank you." he looked at me, "promise you'll be better?" 
And without a response, she charged off towards the front, spinning through a bunch of bushes.
I turned towards Vanessa. "Vanessa, why do I feel so sad?"
"You can call me Ness!" she piped up. I gave her a frown. "Sky..."
"Fine." I said, "What's my name? who am I? Why and what am I doing here?" I questioned.

"Well...." she started out, a nervous laugh. I braced myself for something not good. "Your name is Sky Noelle Greene, you have a younger sister named Leya who is married with a child..."
"What about me?"I asked, my voice cracking.
"umm. You not married." she said.
"Kids?" I asked again.
"well, umm. you were doing the 00 baby challenge. your were on 40.... but umm. I guess now you only have 36." she sighed, tear ringing. 
"What?" I asked, my voiced cracked. 
"I'm so sorry," she whispered.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Fire." she said as she got up, "Come on, let's go get something to eat?" he said like a question.
I looked to the distance. "Not now, thanks. Can I be left... alone for a minute?" I asked, Nessa nodded and started to walk away.

I sat there to myself and I started to sniff. I finally got up and ran through the maze of flowers. I ended up by a fountain in a huge garden.
I just stood there as it all came back to me. 

*MEMORY LANE- 24 HOURS AGO*

All I could feel was cold and crisp sheets.
My skin felt charred, but as I ran a hand down my arm, it felt un-scarred.
I heard a small whisper.
"Did she just move?"
I started to get up, and I looked around the room. Then it hit me, my friends. They came, they cared.
In the corner was my old high school buddy, Luna Pierce
There was also one of my dearest and one of my first challenge besties, Alyssa LaMont
Across the room was another dear friend, Danielle Little
Lastly I saw Nessa, I was excited by seeing all of them.

I tried to rush up from the bed, but my feet felt like they were burned or charred and they fell out from under me.Nessa lunged forward, helping me right myself, and then she stood behind me, protecting.
I looked around, but no matter what, I never saw one of my other great friends, Amber. 
Alyssa asked me if I would privatly talk with her, so I walked over to the hospital room door slowly.
Not so slowly, because behind me I heard Nessa whisper: "Should we tell her? I don't think she knows." I kept a calm face, but I worried to much it would be Amber.
Dani shot me a sad look from across the room, and I nodded on my way out.
I turned towards the door to go out, but I ran smack into Luna. 
"Oh Sky, I'm glad your all right." and she let me continue.
I walked  down the staircase, and I looked back to make sure no one was over-hearing or watching us.
"What happened, Lyss? Please." I begged her.
"Well, Sky." She sighed. "you know how latley teens have been giving a bunch more pranks? Someone sent the burning bomb on your porch and ran before they put it out. They didn't expect you and the kids to be sleeping." I bugged my eyes.
"Sooo... they are gone?" I asked sadly. 
"Even... little Primrose? Katniss? Peeta? Loki?" I started to cry
As Lyss's head shook, my hands dropped and I frowned.
"Hey, Sky, It's okay..."
I started to bawl. 
"NO! It's not, Lyss. They are gone! GONE!" I backed away, and then took off towards the doors.
Lyss stood there, shaking her head and starting to cry, too.
I quickly spun-changed aand I rammed down the stairs, calling for a taxi.
I hopped righ tin and handed the driver money. "FreshWater Falls, please." I said, and my voiced cracked.
When I got there, I stood by the water, just watching the reflection of fish and stillness of the water.
I heard foot steps approach, and Luna appeared .
"Luna..." I said, my voice cracked again and tears stained my eyes
"Please don't do this...." she almost begged.
"Do what?" I asked.
"you know!" she threw her hands in the air, exasperated. "Quit the challenge. You've worked so hard." she said.
I hugged her and I couldn't think of anything else to do or say.
"I...." I  sighed. "I'm not sure.. maybe.."
"Nope." she said suddenly. I looked up,
"what?"
"I said NO! Your NOT qutting, don't give me a pity pitch, Sky, I swear." she said, then she turned and smiled at me.
"but really, I want to see you pregnant next week, no exceptions." she smiled, " I even have a house you can rent, Okay? I forgot to say, you money and belongings were burned up." 
"Well, thanks for your sympathy." I said sarcastically.
"Anytime."



Thanks for reading! I do not mean to be copying and other challenges, So If I do, Please   contact me at Sky Greene's Facebook. I will change it. I hope to have at least one post up every two weeks. If you have any Name requests or Daddys, just leave a comment or message in the C-box! I'll get to you. Also, if you would like to gift the Greene's or add me you can do so Here !  Thanks!!
  Hearts,
        Sky






,,,,,,,,

1 comment:

  1. Aw Sky! I'm so sorry I couldn't have been there to help...these teen pranks are getting out of control. Stay strong and I SWEAR to be there for you whenever you need me from now on!
    Love,
    Amber

    ReplyDelete

How Long I've worked on this.....

Popular Posts